Just a few of the many highlights:
- We went from a one man show to a whole team of seven, and we’re looking forward to having more engineering power in the spring as 1 or 2 University of Michigan students join our forces.
- We earned our first dollar (and a few more) thanks to the support of eight early customers – eat catering company, Grange Kitchen & Bar, Harvest Kitchen, Jolly Pumpkin Cafe & Brewery, Logan – An American Restaurant, The Royal Park Hotel, Selma Cafe, and Zingerman’s Roadhouse.
- We’ve given a number of presentations and visited a lot of great farmers markets, farms, expos, and tasting events.
- We were the guest chefs at SELMA Cafe, served breakfast to 182 people, and spread the word about the great restaurants and businesses highlighted on Real Time Farms.
- Photos (over 10,000!) and information have been added to the site from farms and farmers markets across the country…and abroad!
- An entire University of Michigan Ross School of Business class will be focused on Real Time Farms next semester working on strategies for expansion and marketing.
- We’ve received local and national press, and Food Inc. called us their favorite new website!
What we’re looking forward to:
- A launch redesign happening soon – stay tuned!!
- We are preparing to add restaurants in major metropolitan areas in the Spring!
- We are launching our Food Warriors internship program for university students to become local food ambassadors for their region, help populate Real Time Farms with data, and engage people in their area. Interested? Applications available soon!
- We have also partnered with 2 musicians, Lafe Dutton and Coco Kallis who make a Get Fresh! tour of 100 farmers markets every year. We’ll be sponsoring them next year and they will be collecting data for Real Time Farms at every market and sharing stories on our blog.
Thanks for all of the support and encouragement this year and we look forward to growing with you in the years to come!
The Real Time Farms Crew